Please click on this link for an example.As members of the RICS, Escritt Barrell Golding offer a range of bespoke residential, commercial and agricultural surveys. Our residential surveys and valuations are conducted by Ian J. Shaw FRICS FNAEA. Ian has gained immense knowledge of property related matters of the local area, having undertaken valuations and surveys for numerous clients, lending institutions and solicitors over the past 40 years across Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Rutland.


A mortgage valuation is not a survey.  It will not tell you about the potential problems a property may have.

When buying a home do you know what you are letting yourself in for?  It may have problems you will not be aware of, but which a qualified member of the Royal Institute of Charters Surveyors (RICS) is trained to look for and report on.

Before you commit to a purchase make sure you have a RICS Home Survey to help you

  • Find out the condition of the property
  • Manage your risk
  • Reassure you that you are doing the right thing.

The reports are colour coded to make it easy to see if and where there are problems.

There are two surveys we are able to provide:

RICS Condition Report

Gives a clear “traffic light” rating showing the condition of the property, advice for the legal advisers and details of urgent defects.

RICS HomeBuyer Report (HBR)

Gives you all the above; plus a separate market valuation and insurance replacement costs and advice on defects that may affect the value of the property.

The HBR also recommends necessary repairs and ongoing maintenance advice.

We are also able to provide a Basic Valuation Report.

This will give you guidance as to whether the price you are paying is reasonable.  It does not go into nearly as much details as a HomeBuyer Report and the inspection will be limited to a brief inspection similar to a Mortgage Valuation.


As chartered surveyors Escritt Barrell Golding are able to offer professional valuations for:

Probate and Executors

If you have the responsibility of administering a deceased person’s estate you will need valuations of the property.  We can provide professional reports for Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs. You can refer HMRC to the valuer to justify and explain the figures if there are any further questions. We can also sell the property for you through our estate agency offices in Grantham and Sleaford


We regularly prepare valuations for parties undergoing divorce. A valuation by a chartered surveyor is held in high regard by courts and solicitors. Where the parties agree or the court directs, we accept appointments in the valuation of homes and other assets for matrimonial proceedings.

Expert Evidence

We regularly prepare expert evidence on valuation and real estate management for submission to the courts or other tribunals in the areas of our competence.

Insurance and Secured Lending

Escritt Barrell Golding regularly conduct valuations of property and real estate for insurance purposes. We frequently are asked by financial institutions to submit valuations for secured lending against property.


We can advise and prepare applications for planning permission for residential commercial and agricultural purposes. To maximise the value of a property development consents and specialist expertise are required. We are able to assist when detailed design or advice is required with planning consultants, local authorities and architects.

EPCs-Energy Performance Certificates (residential sector)

Escritt Barrell Golding are fully accredited for the assessment, production and lodgement ofEPCs. Under the European Performance of Buildings Directive the vast majority of residential property in the UK requires an EPC on sale and letting. Ian J Shaw FRICS FNAEA is accredited with the NHER for the production of EPCs on all existing domestic property.

For any further information or quotation for HBR Reports or Valuations please contact our Survey Department on 01476 541103 or 01476 590211. Please click on this link for an example.